Mental Health Group Mentoring ProgramRachel Arthur Group Mentoring: Accelerate your Professional Development
Not on offer for 2024
Please navigate to the Mentoring menu for our available offerings
“Honestly, I have to say all of it was valuable. The info re neurotransmitters, pathology,
questionnaires – truly brilliant. Changed the way I practice!”
Chris Hibbert | Mental Health Mentee & Naturopath
Priming Your Practice for Mental Health
Navigate the Mental Health maze!
Build skills and knowledge needed to really help patients with their mental health…that are as a) important as anything in a bottle and b) help the ‘bottles’ work better and c) direct you to the best ‘bottle’ in the first place.
— WE WILL NOT BE TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR 2024 —
Learn to understand the trajectory of certain diagnoses, recognise red flags, the need to rewrite your regular consult for patients with primary mental health presentations to get the most important information and adjust your expectations: never setting them up to fail etc.
This 9 month program is a great way to develop your confidence in Mental Health and the bonus with these sessions is you’ll find your tribe, gain support and radically build your toolkit through…
- Monthly meet-ups online via Zoom with a group of like-minded practitioners with a special interest in mental health
- Sharing of multiple Mental Health resources via our online locked learning platform.
- Unlimited access to the “BaseCamp” group forum for all mentees and Rachel to connect, share information or resources, and communicate in between sessions. Our group forum platform provides an unprecedented opportunity to follow-up on cases/topics over the course of the year and strengthen collegiality with fellow mentees.
” “Over the last 20 years I’ve had an ongoing special interest in Mental Health and have seen a lot of patients who present with various psychological & psychiatric concerns. We have so much to offer these patients & some great options in our dispensary, however, there are inherent complexities and challenges – none more so than really being able to accurately assess and address the very unique combination of each person’s biopsychosocial contributions as well as the red flags that require referral” – Rachel Arthur
Two Options – Topic Based or Case Based Mentoring
Mental Health Primer Group
TOPIC BASED MENTORING
The Mental Health Primer Group provides you with a dedicated, focussed & supported opportunity to revise and refine your care of patients with all mental health concerns. A safe & supervised space for sharpening old skills and your existing knowledge, while learning & applying exciting new ones – such as psychometric assessments, pathology interpretation through a mental health lens, in-depth discussions about individualised prescribing that answer many of the questions we can’t find elsewhere
Our Mental Health Primer Mentoring Group is topic based and here are some of the ones we cover…
Safety – Keeping You & Them Safe
Where Are We Now? – An Update on Mental Health from an Integrative Medicine Perspective
- What Drives Us Toward & Away from Mental Health?
- Questions and Case Taking Skills – The Best Ones for Identifying Mental Health Drivers
- Mental Health Assessment Tools
- Interpretation of Labs through a Mental Health Lens Part 1
- Interpretation of Labs through a Mental Health Lens MH1 part 2
- What Helps Us? – Detailed discussion & update on key prescriptions
- Antidepressant Withdrawal Discontinuation Syndrome & Best Support Practices
- A Depression Case From The Ground Up
Mental Health Applied Group
CASE BASED MENTORING
This group is for practitioners who already have completed our Mental Health Primer program or have significant knowledge & experience in this area and are looking to take their mental health skillset to a new level. This group will help you fortify and build upon what you already know and increase your confidence when working with clients who present with myriad mental health issues & shared care arrangements. This group consists of practitioners from mixed disciplines: naturopathy, nutrition, IM GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists so we can draw from our collective knowledge base and experience, while familiarising ourselves with a ‘team approach’. Can you see yourself in this collective?
Real cases are vital to the applied learning and this case-based group is in the 3rd year of successfully including the ‘fly on the wall’ (non-presenting participants) experience. We’ve been left in no doubt that practitioners love this and you will continue to learn just as much as those in the ‘hot-(presenting)-seat’. With only limited spots for case presenters, we know you’ll gain so much out of the non-presenting option.
A key to this group’s broader appeal & greater depth to our discussions is the role, Kate Worsfold (Nutritional Psychologist), fulfils as co-chair. In 2021 we had 6 case presentations and 4 lecture-style sessions on the following topics.
- What’s New In Integrative Mental Health
- Sex Hormones and Mental Health
- Eating Disorders
- CAM Treatment Updates
Who is The Rachel Arthur Mentorship for?
All integrative nutrition professionals – Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Herbalists, Osteopaths, GPs
Professionals who want to gain the most from their CPE time and money
Professionals who want to be at the forefront of cutting edge research and contemporary practice
Professionals who value their education, skills and professional development
Professionals wanting independent, non-biased education
Professionals who want to improve their client outcomes
Professionals wanting to connect with other practitioners
- 9 live sessions – with a February start there are only 9 sessions of live delivered content, with the last session in November (break during August).
- Recordings from all the live sessions are available for you to watch anytime and download.
- A 30% discount for ALL Rachel Arthur Nutrition products on our website . When you join the Group Mentoring Program, you will receive a discount code that you can use for any and all purchases on Rachel’s website throughout the year.
- Certificate for CPE Hours – at the end of the year we provide CPE Certificates.
“There’s so much to learn and stay on top of in terms of new information, I realise it is important for developing integrity and how I practice. Having a mentor, like Rachel, who I can rely on who is super on top of what’s going on in research in Mental Health. Someone I can rely on for very accurate and practical information that keeps me on my toes and challenges me and is practical for my clients. Doing mentoring and learning how to refine my understanding of case taking, mental health screening / testing, treatments and just really deepening my understanding has ignited a passion in me as a practitioner.
Rachel presents everything so brilliantly and practically. Thanks so much Rachel, the content and everything is just brilliant.”
Steven Judge, Naturopath, Nutrition & Herbalist | Mental Health Group Mentoring 2021”
Steven Judge | Naturopath, Nutritionist & Herbalist
Why Choose Mentoring with Rachel?
Rachel has been successfully running group mentoring for over 10 years, during which time it has continued to grow in popularity. As testament to this, most mentees make attending these monthly sessions a priority in their CPE calendar, month after month and year after year. While Rachel is perhaps most well known for her presenting skills and in particular, her ability to translate complex science into easily accessible & colourful concepts, importantly Rachel remains an active clinician, seeing referred patients for a wide range of complex presentations. Rachel possesses a wealth of nutritional knowledge, which has accumulated over the years through conscientious attention to research and her ongoing clinical experience.
MENTAL HEALTH PRIMER
Not available for 2024
MENTAL HEALTH APPLIED
Not available for 2024